Pages

Friday, September 13, 2019

Fabric Friday - Deals and more

After returning from our two week vacation, I got a surprise package from my MIL and CIL from California.  Of course I had to open the package immediately.  OMG, they bought me a bunch of really nice fabrics including some cute fabric quarters with interesting combinations.  Two days later we got in our RV and headed out again to Idaho for a 5 day glamping.  While in the US, I like to check out some of their stores for deals.  Although we have to make sure we don't go over our limit for duty allowance, we were still able to buy a few items we needed that we could not get in Canada.  One the deals that I always check are fabrics from Walmart or Joanne's.  This time I was really going to get them for what projects I will doing this winter.   At the same time, if they are very inexpensive, I would get a few more items, like the interfacing I use for making pouches.  Comparing the cost from fabric store in Canada, it is not hard for me to buy more.  For example, I was able to get some nice fabrics for a dollar a yard and some even .50 cents.  It is impossible to get that kind of price in Fabricland (only fabric store we have).  Check out some of my latest addition to the collections.  This year I might have a little open house before Christmas and maybe sell some of the items I will be making. 

I will be making a reversible blanket for a girl.

These are the fabrics I received from my MIL and CIL.

These are the fabric quarters they couldn't resist buying on sale.

These are the fabric quarters I got for .86 cents each.  In Canada it's $2.97 each.

These are the $1.00 and .50 cents per yard. 
My friend Maria gave me a golf towel from a golf tournament many moons ago.

I turned it into a kitchen towel.

No comments:

Post a Comment