Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Superbowl Sunday - Patriots all the way

After a few days of debating whether to have a party or not, I decided to have one anyway because we have to watch the game and it's more fun to watch with a few more people.  Some of our neighbors will be attending and of course I will be serving some appetizers during the game.  Since I don't have my menu planned ahead, I will just be winging it.  No, I won't be serving wings.  Instead I will serve a mixture of finger foods and maybe something hot to keep bodies warm.  Maybe some hearty chili, spicy meatballs, pigs in a blanket (since it is the year of the pig) samosas (a couple of neighbor loves them) and still debating whether or not to make fresh lumpia (vegetable roll) or fresh salad roll (vietnamese style).  As for drinks, in our neighborhood, every event is BYOB.  Almost forgot to mention that I will also be making football brownies and maybe a special bread pudding with rhum sauce.  Someone gave me a Panettone (an Italian sweet bread) from Christmas and now I need to use it.  There are still squares and cookies in the freezer that I can take out if needed.  Now that I have covered the menu, I just have to prepare myself for the game and cheer for my team.  I don't want to read any of their predictions and or comparison between the two teams.  Whatever happens, I will accept it graciously and not cry.  Haha.  But from previous years that I had a Superbowl party (one in San Jose and one here), both times Patriots lose. OMG, maybe I should have not hosted a Superbowl Party.  Aaaahhhhh!!

Image result for superbowl 2019 date

Image result for superbowl 2019 date

Image result for superbowl 2019 date

No comments:

Post a Comment