Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Tradition Tuesday - Chinese New Year

Happy Chinese New Year - this is the year of the PIG.  Yeah, we can eat as much bacon.  Just kidding, we don't really celebrate it but when we use to live in San Jose, it was one of my favorite time because at Jeff's workplace, he can get the best moon cake.  There's one lady who works at some company and has contacts in China and for whatever reason, she hands out the best moon cake that comes in those decorative box.  Anyway, of course this year I won't have it, but hopefully there might be some available at some of the local store.  Another one I will miss is definitely going for dim sum.  This is one of those days where there are so many different types of dim sum because it is their Chinese New Year.  Although I saw on our local newspaper that one of the Chinese restaurant is offering a buffet special tonight for dinner.  As much as I would like to have some Chinese food, we truly cannot eat at buffet because we cannot consume that much food, and it is not practical nor reasonable.  We will probably just eat at home but still celebrate today by having Chinese food.  I can steam some dumplings, cooked some Cantonese noodles, fry up some spring roll and maybe add some BBQ pork if I can find a store that sells them. I am getting hungry. Gotta go.

Image result for chinese new year moon cake

Image result for year of the pig

No comments:

Post a Comment