Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2019

Savory Sunday - Simple food but yummy

Today's post is all about food, either home made or from the restaurants we tried.  Some of them are from my trip to Edmonton a couple of weeks ago.  Then the rest are just the ones I have recently made.  Yesterday was our annual Progressive Dinner in our neighborhood.  This year I was tasked to do a couple of meals because there were not enough couples to host the meals.  The organizer asked if I could do both soup and salad.  Of course I said yes, since for me that's easy, right.  Since there are some people that are allergic to certain things, I had to make sure that I taper both soup and salad to their requirements.  For the first entree - SOUP, I made Wor Wonton Soup.  Yes, I made the wonton from scratch except for the wrapper.  It took us a couple of store to find the wrapper but eventually I found it at Safeway.  I thought at first, I might as well do an Asian theme.  For the salad, I made a couple of style, just in case people do not eat certain greens.  Pick A - Asian Chicken Salad or Pick B for Baby Bok Choy Salad.  They were both easy to put together and both dressing did not require lemon or lime (some people are allergic to citrus).  We had two couples for the soup and 3 couples for the salad.  Everyone enjoyed all the entrees at my kitchen.  It was a successful Progressive Dinner and a fun way to socialize and try a variety of food.

My sister made me pancakes for breakfast while I was visiting her.

One evening, we decided to have a drink and she made me a strawberry margarita.

One day after I came home, I made this lemon curd puff pastry with Asian pears.

For breakfast this weekend, I made the traditional native Bannock.
I can't believe I forgot to take the photos of my soup and salad for our progressive dinner. Oh bother, I am sure you know that they are anyway and of course you can always check Pinterest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment