Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2018

Sushi Sunday - Every now and then

Sushi is not one of Jeff's favorite but he would be willing to take me there so I can get my craving of fish, raw fish.  Last month we met our friends from Kelowna for lunch at Blue Tail Sushi on Hwy 97 in Kelowna.  Although we have not tried any other Sushi restaurant in Kelowna or Vernon, I can say that this one is pretty good.  Their service is excellent and the menu is quite a variety.  So you are probably wondering what Jeff orders when he takes me there.  The first time he ordered their fish and chips which of course is cooked fish but the chips are like shredded sweet potatoes that were fried and so crispy but not a lot.  The second time we went for lunch, of course, he orders the same thing because he already knows what it's like.  I guess I did too but this time with one less item.  The last time I ordered an appetizer of lobster, small pieces served like tempura with a nice sauce.  It was too much with the order of the sashimi lunch menu.  The lunch order comes with a bowl of miso soup served regular or spicy.  Then a salad and a crab fried rice also available in regular or spicy.  The sashimi (just slices of raw fish) had five different variety of fish that was so so yummy.  This might be a once a month lunch date that we can do every time we are in Kelowna.  Of course, it all depends of what the weather is like and of course road conditions.




No comments:

Post a Comment