Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Satisfying Sunday - A very special quilt


After 10 years of holding on to a few clothes of my son, I finally found the perfect way hang on to something of his at the same time it is practical and perfect for keeping me warm on the cold winter nights.  It all began when we were moving from San Jose to Vernon.  I didn't know if I was going keep all these items but an amazing friend of mine suggested that I take it with me and that when I am bored I should try making a quilt out of all these t-shirts and a pair of jeans.  Last week when my aunt was visit, I mentioned to her about my idea and she immediately agreed to help.  She asked me to take out what I have and she started prepping them for me.  We worked together and within a day
I was able to put all the pieces together.  The next day we went to Fabricland to buy the material for the reverse side of the quilt. Last Friday after all my chores were done, I started to pin them together, sew the border and now it's all finished.  I am so satisfied with the work I have done in a very short time.  And to think I had it for 10 years and only took three days to complete.  What an awesome way to have these as something to remember him by. I can't wait to use it when I am relaxing or taking my nap or just doing nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment