Pages

Friday, September 28, 2018

Freehand Friday - Kitchen towels for family and friends

The nicest gift that someone gets is the one that comes from the heart and home made.  So what is considered home made.  I guess you got the answer.  After coming back from Yellowknife, I thought it would be nice to send a thank you gift to the family and friend that entertained us while we were visiting there.  While my aunt was visiting a couple of weeks ago, she helped me get started with the sewing project that I had.  I showed her the kitchen towel that I can use and gave her three different fabric and she started cutting them and I did all the sewing.  Now it was time to place the design on each of the towel.  I knew I was going to add some letter (usually the first letter of their first name) and then add something flowery or kitchen items.  I looked through my patterns, papers, etc. and when I couldn't decide on what to use, I just started freehand design and it came out just right.  Of course what takes time is the embroidering of the design and then the letter.  The fabrics have very similar color scheme and design which is basically the fall collection.  It is timely because this is the first week of Autumn and I am hoping I could mail it to them.  After I finish this, I have another couple of towels to do for my cousin who were our hosts during our Yellowknife trip.  I have a perfect design for their towel but need to buy a towel to do the embroidery.  Here's the finished product and it's time to mail the packages and thank you cards.



No comments:

Post a Comment