Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Twisted Tuesday - When no one listens

You know what happens when you are in a golf tournament and it's one of those Best Ball rule, well this is my story and I am sticking to it.  Last week I was asked to join a team for a golf tournament.  Although everyone had a great time, I was the unlucky one.  Why?  Because on the last hole, I twisted or rolled my left foot.  The team decided to use the ball
that was on an uphill lie and after I hit the ball, I took a step and my left foot rolled as there was a small hole.  The good part is that we were on the last hole but the bad part is that I am now in pain and limping.  I called my hubby to bring some ice which he did so efficiently.  While sitting at dinner, my left foot was having a very cold bag of ice.  I believe it truly helped my left foot.  Back to the reason why.  If my team listened to me and use the ball that was perfectly situated on a flatter side, just a few feet from green, then maybe my foot would have not rolled.  Sometimes it pays to listen because just maybe it might make sense.  Anyway, the damage has been done, I am off golf for at least two weeks since the doctor says
to rest the foot, elevate the foot and ice it for 20 minutes every few hours.  It should be OK after 10 to 14 days.  I am just happy that nothing is broken and the pain is not as bad.  Now I really have to pay attention to the contour of the fairways and certain sections of the course.

image
If you can see the bunker on the left side just before the green, that's the location of the ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment