Pages

Friday, December 6, 2019

French Mac Friday - Back to Macarons

It has been a while since I made macarons.  I believe the last time I made them was last year. Not sure why I didn't make them again this year.  Oh ya, I remember, it's sweet and I shouldn't be eating them.  But it doesn't mean I can't serve it for dessert or give it as gift.  So I decided to try them again as I need some more practice.  This time I made their size smaller.  They are cute but I need more practice in piping.  I found some tips online and it's like a trouble shooting guide.  Now I can try again keeping in mind all the information that I read.  For example, I need the consistency really looking silky and flowing like a lava.  If I am coloring it, I will need more to actually change the color of the macarons.  And the last one is all about that baking.  Right temperature and correct timing is the key.  With all those in mind, the next batch should be perfect.  I hope so.  Anyway, here's what I did this week.

As you can see, some are perfectly piped.

This batch all have that little point which is not correct.

Aren't they so cute. You can just pop the whole thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment