Pages

Sunday, May 14, 2023

May is my favorite month

What is so special about this month? It's when flowers starts to bloom and the weather is wonderfully warm.  Today is Mother's Day and it is another reason why May is very special.  I am a mother and I wish all the mothers out there a very happy Mother's Day. May your day be filled with love, surprises and wonderful new moments to cherish.  And lastly, it is my favorite month because I was born in the month of May.  This year is monumental because I am going into the new decade. That's right I will be turning 70.  So I had this idea that I will make a list of 70 things in my life that is worth sharing. Of course it is not written in no particular order. Just whatever comes to my mind as my fingers starts clicking the keyboard. Like in American Idol, Ryan Seacrest would say, Dim the lights and here we go! LOL

  1. I am still alive and still feel very young.
  2. I was blessed with two amazing kids (a daughter and a son).
  3. First marriage lasted 16 years and this month my second marriage is at 15 yrs.
  4. I am very thankful to my parents for immigrating to Canada and giving us a better life.
  5. I am deeply sorry for family members that we have lost through the years.
  6. I am blessed to still have relatives in Canada and the US who are still very much part of our lives.
  7. I was able to retire at 58 and really enjoying retired life.
  8. I am so lucky to be able to live in 2 Canadian province (Ontario and BC) and 2 territories (Northwest and Yukon) and 1 US state (California)
  9. I have travelled to over 55 countries in the world and had a chance to live and work in Kyiv, Ukraine for 6 weeks.
  10. I have made a lot of very good friends in the places I live and travelled and I am happy to say that I still keep it touch with most of them.
  11. Although I have some health issues that were caused by genetics, I am still very active and feel healthy at this stage of my life.
  12. I truly enjoy golf and very lucky to be able to do it from end of March to end of October each year. I am able to go out Monday to Friday and sometimes the weekend if there's no chore to do at home.
  13. Wow, I didn't realize it might be difficult to list 70 things. OK, I enjoy Blogging and have been doing it since 2011.
  14. I love to cook. We enjoy having friends over for meals and try different types of cuisines.  
  15. I enjoy baking and trying different recipes. My baking is enjoyed by my neighbors, friends at the golf course and places where I volunteer.
  16. That's right, Volunteering is something that I started after I retired. I am currently involved in 3 different agencies at our current city.
  17. I'm not much of an outdoor/hiking type, but since we moved to the Okanagan, I have enjoyed camping in provincial parks although you might call it glamping, as we have an RV.
  18. I still do some sewing, whether it's a new project, or repairs for some of my friends. During Covid, cloth masks was my biggest request. 
  19. Another craft that I like doing sometime is card making. I actually attended a couple of classes offered by my neighbor.
  20. I am very lucky to be able to have a birthday celebration each decade starting at age 20. 
So maybe I don't have enough to make it to 70 but I am just so happy to be reaching that age and still feel younger.  Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read today's post. 



No comments:

Post a Comment