Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Friendly Friday - long time friends

Wondering what is happening to my blog? Whaaattt? I cannot believe I missed three days of blogging.  There are so many stories to do and not enough days to catch up but I will try to recall everything I did up to yesterday.  It might take a couple of post to cover all.

When I left Monday to spend time with my friend TL in Stratford, Ontario I thought I would be able to do my blog but we were so busy trying to catch up with our stories.  The drive to Stratford was very relaxing.  When we arrive at the home of TL's boyfriend, we sat in the backyard having tea and the Banana Bread I made.  We lost track of time and there was no time to cook because we wanted to watch a movie at 645pm.  The restaurant of choice was Annie's seafood.  The service was quick and the food was great and we were just a few minutes late for the movie (Bridesmaid).  We did not expect anything but really enjoyed it because it was very funny.  After the movie we had tea and continued with our stories and ended up going to bed late.  The next day we stop by a few stores and one of them was the Canadian Tire.  While  TL was checking out the patio furniture, I sat on one of the display chair shortly after two guys sat in the same section.  They started chatting with me and by the end of the conversation, I found out they are Justin Bieber's friends.  The evening ended with a great dinner at Rundle's.  By the way, it just happens that TL knows the Chef de Cuisine.  I will definitely do a review of this restaurant and post some photos sometime in July.

Before TL head back to Brampton, she was kind enough to drive me to London, Ontario to spend overnight with my very long time friend from Yellowknife, NT - Sister Esther.
During my visit, we stopped by to see the other family friends who was also residing in London.  It was a nice surprise to visit with Sister Mary Jo because it was the first time for us to see each other since I left Yellowknife in 1983.  I am amazed that they still all remember me after all these years and of course there was not enough time to catch up with our life's stories but we promised to reconnect through our email.

One quick very cute story.  While on the VIA train from London to Toronto, I met the cutest little girl named Alyssa.  She had the prettiest curls and the sweetest smile.  She and I enjoyed the train ride, playing with the games on my phone, singing children songs and playing with Smack Talk.  She could not pronounce her letter "L" so she calls me "Naughty".  I wish that I had give her mom Sarah my email so I can keep in touch. Oh bother.  Her favorite girl singer is Lady Gaga and her favorite boy singer is of course JB.  When my daughter saw me at the main station in Toronto, she was quite surprise to see me holding a little girl.  I am so glad I was able to take her photo.  Maybe someday when I visit London, I can look her up and see how much she was grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment