Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Tempting Thursday - Sweets & Treats

The holidays seems to bring out all the goodies that are so tempting to buy.  There's the box chocolates, the gift baskets, the special cookies in a tin can, the variety of nuts in a special bottle, the imported cheese and crackers and many more assorted baskets.  Oh I just remembered the Panettone bread which seems to only come out during Christmas.  The good part of all of these is that I can look at them, check them out and wonder how good it might be and then be able to walk away and not buy any.  Temptation versus self control.  I can say that being a Diabetic helps a lot during the holidays.  I know what to avoid and what might be acceptable if I just try a small piece.  It's all about portion and the amount of carbs.



No comments:

Post a Comment