Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Truthful Thursaday - Wig, Plates and TV

Those who don't have to cover their grey roots are very lucky.  Those who still have lots of hair at my age are also very lucky.  Those who have to wear a wig due to cancer are strong and brave and happy to be alive.  Those who wear wig just to have a variety of hairstyle are just cool.  A couple of weekends ago when my niece was visiting, we stopped by a hair store that sells wig.  I tried at least 5 styles and end up buying one that is long with lots of curls at the end.  It was inexpensive and very comfortable to wear.  I wore it last weekend when we went for dinner and it sat in my head for the whole night.  It was not hot nor tight, it felt like my own.  Funny, right.  Anyway, I decided that I will wear it every now and again when I am out and my grey roots have grown out. Here's how it looks by itself.  It might take me a few more weeks to try it out before I get a photo taken with it on my head.

Let me vent for a few lines regarding our new set of dishes.  Since we bought it, I have chipped a total of 4 plates (2 small and 2 large).  The problem is that we have a granite counter top.  I have been trying to be very cautious when I do dishes, making sure I do an exaggerated motion to miss the counter before putting them in the dishwasher to dry.   But sometimes I just have to think it in my head and soon enough, I hear the clink and oops another chipped plate.   Sometime this week I will have to go back to Walmart and get another set just to make sure I can have the same pattern when I get tired of looking at those chipped plates.  I should buy some Corelle or those unbreakable dishes that you use for your backyard or patio!!  OK so that was a little over a few lines.


A new TV and we are still having issues.  Jeff thinks its now the DVR which I have taken at least 3 times at Comcast to get a better one which includes 3D capacity.  Our new TV is great as far as having bigger screen, clearer picture, and all the other bells and whistles.  But even if you have all of those extras, if there's still problems the occurs almost every day, then I guess it's not really great.  I don't understand a lot about the connections, etc.  All I was is to be able to watch without having issues every time I turn it on.  The most annoying part is that the US open is this week and I don't like to miss the important matches which is this weekend. 


All of the above is considered as a complain, whining or even hissy-fitting.  It really doesn't matter what you call it since today is Truthful Thursday and that's how I feel.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment