Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Tournament Tuesday - Australian Open

It is truly amazing how much tennis one can watch, I guess if you are a true tennis fan, which I am.  So this is the last week of the AO tournament and unfortunately some of my favorites have been out a little too early for my liking.  There are still a few that I am cheering for but the one player I get very sad when he does not go forward is RF aka Roger Federer.  Sometimes I think some of the sports caster are jink to him when they do this forecast, statements, etc before his game.  I wish they just stick to what their job is and not be fortune tellers.  Truly, I don't want to get started on some of these sports commentator.  Some of them are so annoying as they always talk about when they were great, etc.  It's many moons ago, some of these new players weren't even born and they don't know about you.  Others are way too much on their playing favorites and usually they are cheering for the USA players.  I understand you want to cheer for your own, but don't make it too obvious even when the non USA player are doing very well and playing their best, they are still obviously cheering for their team.  Anyway, without complaining too much and sharing what my mind is thinking, I just want to share some of my favorite moments.
  • During a press conference after a game, Rafa noticed one of the reporters with his eyes close, possibly taking a nap.  You have got to see Rafa's expression.  I kept watching it over and over and each time I just kept laughing.  Then when the reporter finally woke up, Rafa said "I guess it's not an interesting day".
  • After an amazing match and Alexander Zverev was being asked regarding maybe switching to the sleeves shirt like RAFA, he says, "when Rafa wears it, it is intimidating" and "if I wear it, Rafa will be laughing", look at me, I have been given a nickname of "asparagus".
  • As for the most inspiring and emotional win was for TIAFOE.  He won his match against Dimitrov (my other favorite) on his 20th birthday.  So young and already so good.
  • On the women's side, I am very hopeful that OSAKA goes forward to the finals.  I really don't care who she plays against, I just want her to win.
  • Let us not forget one player who thinks she's very fashionable and wears something totally different, when in fact she looks like she is going to a wrestling match, or maybe it's a cut off onesie??
Image result for serena williams australian open outfit 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment