Pages

Friday, December 7, 2018

Flavorful Friday - Food cravings

It may have been the cold weather or it may have been just one of those days where you crave for something, even if it was a simple dish I use to eat back in the days.  While taking an inventory of sort in our pantry, the fridge and freezer, I saw some items that was needed to make this dish.  It's actually a Filipino dish which is very simple but probably very good as it requires mung beans (very small green beans) aka Monggo.  It think this belongs to the lentil family.  So I started gathering all the ingredients and although some recipe calls for pork, I decided to use shrimp instead.  I believe the original recipe also calls for something green like spinach and some Chicharon (pork rind).  For some reason, I didn't have to look for the ingredients or how to make it.  But this time, instead of waiting for a long time to boil the beans to soften, I cook it last night in my mini crock pot and it was soft and ready after 3 hours.  The other craving that I had is the Chinese sausage which I found at the Superstore.  After slicing them diagonally, I cooked all of them in a pan with some water and wait for the water to dry.  The sausage makes its's own oil which is the final stage of cooking the sausage.  Unfortunately, I think I ate too much because I was not hungry for dinner.  It was all worth it and probably I won't have this again until another year. 
Chinese sausage (pork and chicken style)

Ginisang Monggo ( Sauteed mung beans with shrimp and spinach)

Chocolate Banana Foster Cake


No comments:

Post a Comment