Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Maybe Monday - Grandchildren Duties

Babysitting is not an easy job unless the children are between 4 and 7 yrs of age.  I have not done this job for a very long time.  The only babysitting experience I have is looking after my own children.  For the next four days, I will be stuck at home with Jeff's grandchildren (5 and 1) as their regular sitter (the real Grandma) is away on holidays.  Gamble will be easy to look after as he likes playing with all his toys that are at our home.  GreenLee just turned one and is learning how to walk but a little heavy to pick up and carry around the house.  Apparently she has a nap from around 930 to 1130 am.  I have to see it to believe it.  There was only one time that we babysat both kids but it was only for a couple of hours and Jeff was at home.  As you can see I am a little worried already about this four day job.  Honestly I think it's because I am retired and older and don't have a lot of patience with small children.  The other thing that worries me is that some mornings when I wake up, I don't feel as good and it takes most of the morning to actually get going.  I guess I just have to do it and hope that all goes well.  By the end of this week, I will be looking forward to going out and having adult conversations.  But honestly, both kids are really cute and it's so difficult to say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment