Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Whet Wednesday - PALITAW

What Whet? What's PALITAW?  Whet - to stimulate the appetite?  Palitaw - a filipino dessert made of rice flour, boiled, rolled into shredded coconut, sugar and toasted sesame seeds.  Check out the photo.  I did not make it from scratch.  It actually came from a frozen box that I bought at the Filipino Supermarket while my sister was here.  We thought we were going to have it as a snack one afternoon but because we had so much desert around Christmas, we never got around having them.  I am posting this so my sister can Whet her appetite.  It's probably not a good dessert for someone who is diabetic, but having this dessert once every 10 years won't hurt me, right?
PALITAW - Filipino Dessert
Since we are talking about dessert, I am not sure if I shared that Christmas Dessert Platter we served during our Boxing Day Open House.
Christmas platter (Cupcakes, 6 layer square, brownies, date bar, cookies)

No comments:

Post a Comment