Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wall Art Wednesday - What do you think?

Finally, I completed the project that I started on the weekend.  Jeff and I worked on it last Sunday and Monday night.  At first it was just going to be branches, twigs and the colored ropes.  Then, I was going to add some other materials, like metal pieces, or ceramic or even glass.  But when I saw some of the wood pieces from the dollar store,  the design was changed immediately to a different theme.  We bought some acrylic paint and different size brushes from Michael's.  We both took all the supplies and spend part of Sunday afternoon working on my project.  This is the final result of my wall hanging art work that is now hanging in our backyard.
 I think Jeff still wants to spray the wood with some sort of lacquer in order to protect the color from bleeding in case it rains, etc.  I am very happy with the results and would appreciate any comment on my first wall hanging art work.

No comments:

Post a Comment